Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wednesday Randoms {and more snow}

Well the snow is a falling and by the looks of a six day weekend is here.
We were out of school today because we are under a winter storm warning.
We've seen lots of weather weather advisories but I can't remember a winter storm warning so we are loaded up on can goods, toilet paper, and beer and prepared to be snowed in for a bit.

I totally found myself joining the other East Tennesseans at the grocery store yesterday.
Here in the south we just can't handle the snow. 
I'm not sure what our deal is but we all get nervous-
buys lots of bread and milk (I don't even like milk but bought plenty), made sure I plenty of dog food for the fur child, and Drew picked up extra beer on his way home.
(that's his contribution to the fridge in prep of the mini blizzard)

We have the prediction of anywhere to 3-7 inches of snow. Remember two weeks ago we got two inches of snow and were pretty much shut in for a week. So I don't think we will be back in for the remainder of this week at school and we are already off Monday. Right now the wind is swirling and blowing snow like crazy and I've already made camp in my favorite sweat shirt and have enjoyed so much coffee I'm a bit jittery yet still want more.  #addiction


Last night we got some "chicken cordon blue" or whatever it's called from Fresh Market and I whipped up some sides. It was delicious! Given my asparagus wasn't nearly as healthy as it should have been since I covered it in sauce with zero guilt, it was amazing. The Fresh Market has a ton of $2.99 deals on Tuesday and we got the asparagus for $2.99 for 2 pounds and the two chicken breast ready to pop into the for $2.99 and I could barely eat half. Yay, for an easy dinner!


A few weeks ago I shared a home tour on the blog. 
I got several e-mails, comments, etc. about how clean it was. Just wanted to share an honest pic that is slightly embarrassing but shows that although I'm OCD about cleaning, I'm totally human and a mess from time to time.  The counter is covered with mail and other crap as well as three jackets piled on top of one chair, the couch cushions a mess cause Copper keeps walking on them, and I could go on.


Since I was off today and the snow just rolled in a bit after 2:00 I went to school to clean-up my classroom since I probably won't be back for a week and work on some papers while throwing Copper's frisbee down the hall every 90 seconds. Grabbed a quick lunch with my mom at my favorite deli/coffee shop and then tackled that mess of a kitchen and cleaned up since I'll be indoors for a few days. I'm looking forward to finishing some blog post I've been working on and spending 24/7 in cozy socks and comfy layers.  In the meantime I'm enjoying the crockpot smells that are filling the house with my sleepy Copper next to me kicking his legs and dreaming away!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your snow days! We are having them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a teacher we just gotta love some snow days! We have been out since Tuesday and will be off Monday as well. Crazy!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like what WA is like when it snows. I wish we'd get something here! Hope you get some nice relaxation :) cant wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just don't handle snow well! It is like pure panic around here but it sure is beautiful when it finally does snow!

      Delete
  3. Drew totally has the right idea for a snowed in week. Beer is a must have.Stay warm and cozy and throw some comfort food into the crockpot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh beer is a must and made white chicken chili last night!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh I wish we could have a snow day. Do you guys have to make up for all of your lost days at school? We do in Washington.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we use to have like 12 snow days or so this year we are doing half day Wednesday's for PLC time and only have 5 snow days. We are now 3 days over that so I'm sure what will happen. Hopefully all this snow is done now and we can get into spring like weather!

      Delete