Thursday, February 13, 2014

{50 Days} Into My Most Healthy Habit Ever!

Well almost 50 days...
In the beginning of January I blogged about reading the Bible
from cover to cover in 2014.
I wanted to give an update on how it is going.


It is going amazingly and I feel so motivated about it!
Each morning after Drew leaves for work I make a cup of coffee and have some quiet time and read.
I've learned to love this time and look forward to it.
The house is quiet and my mind clear--
it is a time I cherish to focus and absorb my reading. 

When I first heard about this Bible plan I was scared, intimidated, nervous, etc.
Basically I thought I could never do this past 4 days.

Then our church started a new series to fire off the new year.

It was titled "You Won't If You Don't" and I took that heart.
I won't read the Bible if I don't do it.

I decided to give this an honest effort and I'm so happy I did.
I know this sounds petty but already in church the past few weeks when a verses are quoted I'm not trying to read the screen or quickly find in on my phone-- I'm recognizing it and that is a pretty cool feeling.

Each day you read a small part from Psalms and Proverbs and a Gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John--but one at a time). You also read a chapter or two from another book. Currently I'm finishing up Exodus and really learning about the 10 Commandment. 

I use the You Version One Year Bible Plan.
I have it on my phone and Kindle and it keeps up with it daily.
If you miss a day that's okay-- this app helps keep it listed under each day so it isn't overwhelming and the best part is when you do your reading it tells you what percent of the Bible you have read.
Watching that number increase and knowing that I'm learning and growing is the best feeling. 

I would encourage anyone to try it. I've always heard 21 days make a habit--go for it!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool that you are reading the whole bible! I did that a couple years ago but will probably do it again. Are the books your reading together for the app revolving around the same general idea?

    Atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete