Sunday, February 23, 2014

{Our Weekend} and homemade chicken soup

A little upset that Monday is a few hours away.
I've spent this weekend sick with a stomach bug, yuck!
Friday I didn't feel well and thought it was because I was so tired from a pretty stressful week.
Then Friday evening we went to our favorite beer garden and in almost three hours I couldn't even force down one brew. Should have known I was getting sick!

 Although I didn't feel well we did have a good time.
We played life size Jenga till we couldn't reach anymore and lots of other dogs were out so Copper had lots of fur friends to play with. 

Saturday morning I woke up sick to my stomach and it finally "hit" around 2. It was an intense 8 hour bug but I'm grateful I got that and not some of the other stuff going around. I'm super grateful for my sweet hubby for taking such good care of me. 

Today I've taken yet another nap then wanted to make something simple for dinner. 
My principal had given us this recipe and all the ingredients for Chicken Soup as a staff Christmas gift. I've been saving it because I was so excited to have a "free" night of cooking. Finally decided that tonight was the night! Hard to beat good chicken soup when you're trying to get better.


All you need is:
1 can of cooked white meat chicken, 1 can of mixed veggies, 1 can of cream of chicken, 1T of rotisserie chicken seasoning, 2T minced onion, 2 cups of egg noodles, 1 chicken bouillon cube

Mix it all together with 6 cups of water and cook on medium for half an hour or so.
I let ours simmer for about an house and it was delicious!


Even though I'm feeling better than yesterday I'm still taking it easy today especially on my tummy. This soup was great and hit the spot. If it taste this good when I don't feel that well I can't wait to make it when I'm feeling better. 
Link Up

Tomorrow I'm posting my "Beauty Bag" for the goodies swap!

3 comments:

  1. What a simple and yummy recipe!! What's a beauty bag swap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you got sick, I hope you are on the mend now! The soup looks very tasty, hope it helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better my love! Life sized Jenga sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete