Tuesday, February 25, 2014

{Tasty Tuesday} Chicken Spaghetti

Okay, before I share the recipe for this you have to know why I swear by it--
This was the first thing I ever cooked for Drew and I.
So we always have to chuckle that this recipe is why he married me. 
Possibly that good?!

 As you can tell by this picture this is not your regular chicken spaghetti. It has a white sauce not red but it will not disappoint. 

You will need two large cans of the all white meat chicken, one can of cream of chicken, one can of cream of celery, chicken broth, two cups diced celery, two cups diced onions, spaghetti noodles of your choice, and I like the Italian cheese blend for the top or Parmesan, and one unhealthy stick of butter.  










First saute the celery and onion with the stick of butter. I have a battle with myself every time I cook this because I'm sure a half stick would be just as good but I commit to the original recipe and use the whole stick. #southernstyle

Once they are nice and tender add all of the cream of chicken, cream of celery, and broth. I usually cut up the "canned" chicken then combine it to the mixture. This is also a great time to add fresh ground pepper or salt if like or you can always kick it up a notch with a pinch of garlic. 

Now here is the odd/important part of this recipe. For the pasta you do not follow usual pasta boiling directions. Instead bring to a boil a large pot of water then add pasta, cover, and remove from heat (still covered) for 30 minutes. In the meantime allow the mixture to simmer. 

Once the pasta has sat in the water for 30 minutes, drain, and combine with sauce mixture.


Since it is so much pasta and sauce I usually do about half of it at a time.
I put half the pasta in the casserole dish and mix and then add the rest. 
When finished cover with cheese and dot with butter.

Bake at 350 for about half an hour or until the edges turn light brown.



You won't regret this!
Paired with bread and a salad this is the perfect date night dinner and the leftovers are even better the next day and it freezes perfectly.

Martinis & Bikinis

For more awesome recipes by great bloggers go to http://www.martinisbikinisblog.com/ and http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. Love this, definitely going to have to try it out, thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I ove a good creamy casserole dish and I prefer chicken to beef spaghetti so this is right up my alley! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds rich and delicious! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that sounds pretty good! Why does the spaghetti "cook" for 30 minutes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so good!! I'm adding it to our menu next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at stick of butter ;) This will be a nice change to traditional spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete