Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday //5/

//Friday Five//

It is Friday, finally.
This hasn't been a bad week by any means but I'm so happy the weekend is here.
Sounds pathetic, but this is the first full week I've worked in a while.
I'm looking forward to a lot of nothing this weekend!
A lot of cooking breakfast, staying in pj's longer than I should, and going for a long walk if Mother Nature permits.

//1/ This Monday was supposed to be our state writing assessment. Since we were out pretty much the whole week prior they postponed it and gave us this week to help prepare. I'm definitely thankful for that time and I'll be even more thankful when this test is behind us. Most of all I'm so thankful my class has kept such a great attitude and continue to work so hard. They deserve the #1 spot for sure!

//2/ This week the weather wasn't AS bad as last week. I'm so grateful for the little bit of time we got to spend outside and the evening walks/jogs/runs. I'm wanting spring so bad I can't stand it! In the mean time I'll take all the above freezing days as possible.

//3/ I need to do a post about how the yearly Bible reading plan is going. I'm so excited and really feeling motivated with my reading habit. Almost 40 days into and the app says "8% complete" and that feels so good. I'm familiar with the stories but didn't really know them so I feel so excited to read parts that I recognize and grow what I already knew. The Bible reading has been something I've been so intimidated about for so long and now I truly don't know what I was so worried about.

//4/  Next week is Valentines Day. I honestly don't care much about the "holiday" and believe you should treat your other like Valentines Day-everyday. But being in an elementary setting I can't help but get excited for this cheesy holiday because the kids get so fired up about it. I do look forward to exchanging cute little cards and maybe make some homemade ones. Gotta love crafts!

//5/  As tired as I am from getting back in the groove this week I'm grateful for Drew being home all this week and that we both get to go to jobs that we love and feel passionate about. Even though Wednesday night I was ready for bed at 7:30 I'm thankful that I got to spend my day working with great teachers and kiddos in an awesome school. I was starting to complain about how tired I was but then I started thinking about WHY I was tired and what had been accomplished that day and realized I would be so ungrateful to not be thankful for what took place (and took my energy ha).

Here's to the weekend!!!


7 comments:

  1. I bet it will be too cute to celebrate Valentine's Day with your students. I hope the writing assessment goes fantastically for them!

    I hope you and Drew have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the time with my class and we will be so happy to be done with this test. Hope you have a great week!!

      Delete
  2. I have always thought the world of teachers. I can imagine how great you are. Your students are lucky to have a teacher who is so passionate about their job! I hope that you both a good relaxing weekend in jammies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me smile! Thank you so much, I'm so blessed to teach and love my "job". It was a nice weekend, hope yours was great too!

      Delete
  3. Valentines day is something different when you are in an elementary setting isn't it? I read the bible cover to cover for the first time in 2012. It wa a feat but I learned so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kiddos get so excited for Valentines and I can't help but get excited too! I think it is great that your read the entire Bible, let me know if you have any tips!!

      Delete
  4. It's Monday now so I'm obviously behind lol Hope you'r weekend went great! Can't wait to see what kind of cute celebration you come up with for your kids.You always have the cutest ideas for them!

    ReplyDelete