Monday, January 20, 2014

Bulletin Boards {idioms}

This blog doesn't see much of my teacher life.
This was just so cute I had to share.
We've been working on figurative language as we prepare for the state writing test next month. 
(insert my gray hair here)

Idioms, my favorite, we did Thursday.
Each kiddo randomly drew an idiom and then we talked about its meaning and used it in an example then the student needed to rewrite the idiom and draw it out as literal as possible.
I tried to pick ones that I could connect to food, 
so that's how "food for thought" came about!



This came out SOOO cute and the kids loved it. I also had this stuff randomly in my room and didn't have to buy anything for it which made this teacher very happy too!

Here are a few cute kid examples:

"Soup up your car" 

"Rotten to the core"
(by the sweetest child ever ha)

"Buy a lemon" ha

"How the cookie crumbles"

And so cute and creative, 
"easy as apple pie"
I love that she drew a math test next to the pie.

Follow on Instagram for daily teacher pics!

6 comments:

  1. These are super cute, I bet your kids love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love how "literal" they drew them! I know I sure love them! They keep me laughing and on my toes all day--all while still working. They are a great class!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, these are precious. What a great idea!

    Being a teacher must be so rewarding. Looks like you are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we had a great time making these. A few days later and I still see them stop in the hall and look at them. Yes, teaching is so rewarding and I feel so blessed to have my job. I got a great group of kiddos :)

      Delete
  3. How adorable! i love that rotten to the core was by a sweetheart haha

    ReplyDelete