Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Summer Bucket List

Today is my first official day of summer break 2014.
As I sit here with my iced coffee watching/listening to Good Morning America with Copper curled up next to me---I'm very content!

I love sleep but I try to save sleeping in for the weekend so I don't sleep the day away. 
As long as I'm up by 7:30 I feel I still get to sleep in but also productive.
Now if it is a rainy, thundering day--then this doesn't count.

I love summer break, a million reasons why I love teaching but this is definitely a perk of the job.
I get 6 weeks to do housewife like things and by the time school starts back I'm usually ready to go back.
Where the past two weeks month have been so packed full and crazy the house is in need of some TLC today. As fun as dusting, Meyers cleaners, and my vacuum sound--I know I'll appreciate it when done.
Hopefully, the rest of break will be more fun than today.

//This teacher's summer bucket list//

Try a new recipe a week 
Walk every morning, run every afternoon (or at least 4 days a week)
Swing by my classroom and work on it before I go back--this is actually fun
Go on a picnic and actually pack food not Subway 
Late night Harley ride on a clear night
Plant hanging baskets on the back deck
Find the perfect maxi dress
Tackle our scary pantry
Get ahead on my Bible reading
Read at least three books for fun
Enjoy as much Norris Lake time as possible


I love summer and cut into my first watermelon of the season last night.
I officially have a longing for a sparkler and a hot dog.
So looking forward to what the next two months have in store!!

2 comments:

  1. What a good Summer bucket list. Good luck on it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of you that you are in summer break already. We go until June 17 and it cannot come fast enough. But it's bittersweet at the same time as i will be leaving my school this year not to return again. I will miss my kiddos but need to look forward to what is to come.

    If you are off for summer already when does school start back up again? We end school in the middle of June to return after Labor Day in September.

    ReplyDelete