Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend, Weekly Menu, & Catch Up


Well this past week has been wonderfully busy and lacked in the blog department.
This past week was packed with lots of catching up at school, a baby shower for a sweet teacher, hosting small group and cooking a fajita feast for it, and little things in between. 
Busy was an understatement. 
To top it all off Friday was a special day at school and we got to dress up like our favorite book character. I whipped together this "costume" for under $7 and half an hour. I was decently pleased with it. I went at "Fancy Nancy", one of my favorite little characters!


I was literally worn out after such a great day at school on Friday that I would have been perfectly satisfied staying home and going to bed at 8 but Drew suggested the Cheesecake Factory and I couldn't say no to that. It was delicious and reminded me of why I use to love it so much.

After dinner we met up with Drew's brother and sister-in-law at a new bar in Knoxville and enjoyed catching up with them. In typical Saturday fashion we cooked breakfast the next day and spent the day working around the house. 



When it is warm out we eat almost every meal outside, we love being on the deck and grilling out. 
(and I love the easy clean-up and break from cooking every night)
After working all day we decided to grill burgers and do tots-delicious!

I've really enjoyed our weekend and I'm hoping this pleasant weather sticks around. So nice to take Copper out and not have to either bundle up or freeze your butt off.

This week should be a tad bit less busy and I'm looking forward to taking advantage of this time change and being outside as much as possible. Here's what's on our menu:

-Sunday, baked sweet potatoes and salad
-Monday, grilled chicken and veggies
-Tuesday, grilled pork chops, salad, and steamed broccoli or stuffed pasta shells with salad
-Wednesday, chicken quesadilas 
-Thursday, small group and swinging by a local campaign fundraiser
-Friday, beer


This fun home-filled weekend has worn us out!
My wine glass need a filling and my pj pants are calling my name!
Have a great week!



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I love eating outside. We need to do it more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the meal plan for Friday! haha But seriously, chicken quesadilas do sound pretty fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fab weekend! I'm so ready for bbq nights too! Bring on the nice weather :) loved your costume btw

    ReplyDelete