Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mexican Casserole

I've been seeing lots of yummy "Mexican Casserole" dishes on Pintrest.
Drew and I love anything Pintrest Mexican so I thought I would give it a try.
A lot of what I saw had cream cheese or condensed soup but I thought I would give
it a shot without all that and see how it goes. 
And it was AMAZING!! A new favorite for sure!
 For the "mixture" I used one can of Mexican corn, taco seasoning packet, one can of diced tomatoes,
I can of black beans (yum!), and diced jalapenos, and cheese to sprinkle on top.

I used one pound of lean beef with a diced onion but really ground turkey would be a great too.
 As the beef was cooking I quartered up the corn tortillas and covered the bottom of my larger casserole dish. This will be the yummy bottom!
 Once the beef was all cooked I added in all the goodies for the mixture and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
 After simmering for as long as I could stand it, (it smelt amazing) I poured it over the corn tortillas. 
Once in the dish I sprinkled with cheese and put it in the over @ 350 for about 20 minutes.
This picture doesn't do it justice but let me tell you, it was an instant favorite and the 
leftovers were even better the next day for lunch. 

We will for sure be having this again soon!
Simple. Quick. Tasty. Just what I like!

2 comments: