Tuesday, April 15, 2014

One Hour + $20 = New Laundry Room

It is nothing new that I hate laundry.
It is mostly the "putting up" part that I don't like but really nothing in this chore do I enjoy.
Cleaning the floors- no problem
Dusting and cleaning- kinda enjoy it cause it looks so nice afterwards
Outside tasks- so nice being out with Copper in the sun, no complaints 
Cooking-I love it
but that laundry, ughhh...

After trying to work on a laundry routine to help me not get so behind on it I noticed part of why I don't like (or a sorry excuse) is that the laundry "nook" was just so blah and not organized at all.

The one shelf in the area was a bit higher than I comfortably could reach and I didn't really have a place to store things. Drew and I took some measurements and decided to add two shelves to make everything easier to get to. 

*Before*
Nothing special- no real organization and sorta a mess


*After*
The two shelves were $6 each and the "L" bracket to hang them less than a dollar each, the screws we already had in the garage. I got the baskets/bins at the local dollar store.

I will say for $20 and an hour later I'm very pleased with how it looks and love how easy it is to find anything. I wish we had done this earlier and although I doubt it will make eager to wash our drawers.
Next I thought about adding some silver letters that spell "wash" or something like that, in the meantime this will do!

3 comments:

  1. laundry is one of my least favorite things to do as well!! I actually don't mind the separating, washing and drying part - I don't like the folding and putting it away!! so we have bins of clean clothes just chillin all over!!

    atparsons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I literally have the exact same problem. Everything else is a breeze, but laundry is the worst!!! At any given time we will have 2 baskets of clean, folded clothes in our room, waiting to be put up. And I am definitely going to steal your shelf idea!!! I have to tip-toe just to barely reach the shelf--this idea is awesome!!!! New follower here, hope to get lots more great tips!!

    Brianna
    Follow along: http://keepingupwiththekeens2428.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this project!!!! It came out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete